About Palliser Furniture
Since its humble beginnings in 1944, Palliser Furniture Upholstery Ltd. and its parent company Palliser Furniture Holdings Ltd. has grown into a leading North American furniture company with manufacturing facilities located in Canada and Mexico. Palliser strives to provide unparalleled, cost effective service and delivery to valued clients while creating the best customer experience possible and following its core values of respecting the environment and supporting the surrounding community.
With a culture that is built on employee growth and success, our continued growth is dependent on our team consistently propelling themselves and the company forward. This is the common thread among our community of people dedicated to leadership in design, service, and customer value in the furniture industry.
With over 600 employees in Winnipeg alone, the company is proud to promote diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. Most recently, Palliser was recognized as one of Canada's Best Managed Companies.
A New Opportunity Awaits
Due to growth, Palliser Furniture currently has a great opportunity for a Content Manager to join the team in Winnipeg, Manitoba.
Reporting to the Marketing Manager, you will be responsible for creating, developing, implementing and managing all digital content for Palliser. The Content Manager will partner with the Sr. Director of Brand and Marketing and the Art Director to set quarterly strategic content plans and will take the lead on overseeing development and implementation of all content (written, photographic, video and digital) on palliser.com and subsidiary internal and external platforms. The Content Manager will responsible for managing the look and feel of palliser.com and subsidiary websites.
The Content Manager will work with the site's content producers, determining the type, quality and quantity of content needed for the website. Other duties will include monitoring the site's statistics, such as user demographics, traffic flow and search engine placement. The content manager will need to have a strong back-end understanding but continually concern themselves with the customer experience.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Own and drive the creation and implementation of original content ideas and engaging storytelling for all channels, medias and platforms.
- Deliver seasonal content strategies through close partnership with Sr. Director of Brand and Marketing, Art Director Merchandising, Product and E-commerce teams.
- Implement the corporate Palliser brand re-fresh and advance our new editorial point of view and brand voice
- Become an expert on all Palliser Product.
- Ensure all product content is up-to-date and accurate on all internal and external channels and platforms.
- Schedule content releases across multiple digital platforms
- Working with content producer to support planning, storyboarding, and distribution of curated content for digital platforms
- Coordinate with vendors for photo and video shoots to schedule locations, props, and talent for content execution
- Manage content library of photos & videos
- Demonstrate a passion for the art of storytelling and look for all possibilities to communicate the vision.
- Remain current and informed on best practices and latest trends in digital content, platforms and medias.
- Remain current on technologies, trends and cultural mindsets/influences, particularly in the area of home design, decor, entertaining, and popular culture.
- Research on-going style, design and cultural trends and communicate research to broader marketing team.
- Understand the nuances of customer segments/channel and adjust tone/angle to maximize relevancy and connection.
- Communicate in a clear, concise and compelling way to both internal and external audiences across multiple channels
How You Will Be Successful:
- Support all efforts and initiatives across marketing as well all business channels in an effort to maximize company sales growth and profitability.
- Support all efforts and initiatives across marketing as well all business channels to maximize company sales growth and profitability.
- Apply curiosity to all aspects of the position, specifically as it relates to technology and culture.
- Maintain an unwavering drive for results and take an approach that favours speed and agility.
- Maintain a relentless focus on the customer and brand.
- Be nice.
- Proven critical thinking and analytical skills
- Adept at planning and prioritization in a deadline-driven environment
- Strong back-end CMS understanding and working knowledge of CRM platforms
- Excellent attention to detail and strong organizational skills to manage multiple work requests and projects
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment and able to independently prioritize workload
- Results-oriented, with a sense of urgency and drive for continual improvement
- Excellent communication skills
- Eager to learn and continually develop
- Bachelor's degree required in marketing/communications and/or computer sciences
- Background in Creative/Advertising and Editorial/Journalism a plus
- 3-5+ years professional experience in digital/social media, advertising or content management
- Proven Leadership skills
- Expertise in writing and content creation for digital media/channels (ecommerce, email, video, social platforms) and display advertising and traditional medias (catalog, marketing collateral, in-store signage, etc…)
- Excellent understanding of social media platforms and how to best leverage them (i.e. Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, IGTV)
- Experience with the creation and filming of video content, including script writing, story-boarding and an understanding of video production a plus
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Google platform (Gmail, Calendar, Drive)
- Good reading, written and verbal language skills (English)
- In exchange for your hard work and dedication, you will be rewarded with a competitive base salary to commensurate with your skills and experience, plus opportunities for incentives.
- Our Winnipeg office is located close to public transportation and offers plenty of parking and convenient on-site and nearby facilities.
- Our employees also receive a great range of benefits, including:
- Group benefits plan (Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Short and Long-Term Disability)
- Quarterly profit bonuses
- RRSP matching available after 2 years
- 5 paid family days per year
- Use of company laptop
- Computer purchase program
- Discounted gym membership available
- Opportunities for training and professional development
Upon joining Palliser, you will be welcomed into a culture that encourages and fosters growth and supports internal promotion. Palliser also hosts numerous social events throughout the year such as service awards, birthday parties, and BBQs!
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic organization that cares as deeply about its workforce and the community as it does about its products and customers. Palliser is a place where shared values and a commitment to excellence goes into every piece of furniture produced.
Closing Date: October 15, 2018